When I ask people about their favorite Pakistani dishes; almost 80% people reply with "BIRYANI". O my God, I love biryani alot. Not only I have tried almost all tastes of all brands available in Pakistan but I always am in search of different recipes. And yeah, I do have a mouth watering collection of biryani recipes.***yum yumm*** :P I am gonna share with you people very soon :)
Today I am sharing you most delicious recipe which I learn from a cooking class of a vocational center in Karachi.The best part about the recipe is that you will not only enjoy the taste, but let me assure you that you are gonna love the preparation steps. So get ready for a yum yum yummmy meal...:)
- For Chicken Marination:
- 1 kg Chicken
- 2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp Fruit vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garam masalah
- 2tbsp Garlic Ginger paste
- 1 tbsp Black pepper powder
- 2.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Zarda rang
- 3 tsp Oil
- 1 big Onion ( thinly sliced)
- 4 chopped tomatoes
- 1 bunch of coriander leaves (washed and roughly chopped)
- 1 bunch of mint leaves (podina) (separates the leaves from the stalks, include if the stalks are soft and chopped them roughly)
- 4-7 Green chillies (increase if you love spicy biryani)
- 0.5 kg plain yogurt (well beaten)
- 3 tbsp Garlic & ginger paste
- 2tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp Garm masla
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2 cups cooking Oil
- 1kg Mughal rice soaked for 25 minutes
- 3 tbsp salt (add the desired quantity and do taste when the rice are 1/4 done)
- 2 bay leaves ( turn into small pieces)
- 1 tbsp Safaid/Siah Zeera
- 8-10 Badian Khatai
- 1 tsp Jayfel & Jawetri powder
- 1 tbsp Fruit vinegar
- Give the chicken deep cuts and mix all the ingredients of marination. Leave for at least 2 hours. Increase the duration and you will get better results.
- Heat 1/2 cup of oil in a karahi or a frying pan. Add the marinated chicken and fry till the chicken tenders.
- Now heat up the coal on the stove. Place the lightning coal over the well cooked chicken. Pour two drops of cooking oil on the lightning coal to get dense smoke and the then quickly cover the lid. Place something real heavy over the lid so that the smoke will remain into the frying pan.
|COAL--placed on gas stove|
- Heat up oil. Add onions and fry till it turns to golden brown. Stir continously.
- Add all the remaining curry masala ingredients except plain yogurt and fry well for 10 minutes. Turn off the stove.
|Curry masala should look like this when it gets ready. Don't under or over cook in any case.|
- Boil 14 glasses of water. Add all the rice ingredients while boiling the water.
- Boil the rice till they are half done. (tender 50%).(Don't over cook in any case). Turn off the stove.
- Strain completely.
- In a heavy big pan, first add the ready curry masala then 1 tsp garam masala; add well beaten yogurt.
- Now open the lid of the pot containing smokey chicken pieces. Remove the coal and place chicken over curry masala and yogurt.
- Now add boil rice and sprinkle zarda rang.
- Repeat the process of coal lightning; I explained in the first step. Place the lightning coal over the boil rice. Add 2 tsp of oil to lightning coal to get the smoke and then cover the lid very quickly as we did in the first step. Place the pot on the stove.
- Let the rice be cooked at a very low flame for not more than 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the lid and coal. Mix the layers with flat spoon and serve with dahi rayeta.
Follow the instruction strictly and carefully. If you feel it difficult to understand, you are welcome to ask questions before you actually try it in your kitchen. REMEMBER: BE CAREFUL ABOUT THE PROPORTIONS OR YOU WILL SPOIL THE TASTE.
DISCLAIMER: All the images are the property of TANTALISING TREATSS. You may not use without prior permission.
This entry was posted on 10:00 AM
and is filed under
dhuwan biryani. rice
Karachi ki biryani
Teh wali biryani
You can follow any responses to this entry through
the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response,
or trackback from your own site.
This entry was posted on 10:00 AM and is filed under biryani , chicken , chicken biryani , dhuwan biryani. rice , Karachi ki biryani , marinated biryani , Teh wali biryani , tikka biryani . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.